BFGoodrich is the pioneer of tire manufacturing in the United States, this company is known for many innovations it has brought to the industry, such as the first radial tire and the first synthetic rubber tire.
Today the main success of the brand on the market is gained in the off-road category, where BFGoodrich all-terrain tires are one of the best and recognized.
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Review
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Specs
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Surveys
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Pros and Cons
- What Vehicles Will The BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Fit?
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Tire Sizes
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Increased Mileage and Treadlife Warranty
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Dealers
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Price
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Coupons & Discounts
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 for Sale
The BFGoodrich all-terrain product line consists of four tires right now:
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 – the second tire in the all-terrain category that sets the standards for off-road traction
- BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 – next generation of the legendary KM, improved performance that allows you to overcome almost any obstacle
- BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 – next generation of the legendary KM, improved performance that allows you to overcome almost any obstacle
- BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 UTV – Baja Champion, chosen by most of the Baja 1000 champions, this tire is considered to be the best off-road racing tire, improved performance that allows you to overcome almost any obstacle
All models are all-season tires for off-road vehicles and pickups.
According to BFGoodrich, the All-Terrain T/A KO2 is the brand’s best all-terrain tire to date. If you’re on the hunt for a class-leading all-terrain tire, then the KO2 has to be considered.
This fourth generation BFGoodrich all-terrain draws from progress made over the past 40+ years. BFGoodrich launched its first all-terrain tire, the Radial All-Terrain T/A, back in 1976. The BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 is the first update since 1999. (A testament to the lasting performance and staying power of each generation of BFGoodrich all-terrain tires.)
In a 2018 OFF ROAD magazine survey of over 43,500 readers, the All-Terrain T/A KO2 was ranked first in the “traction tire” category.
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Review
- COREGUARD™ Technology
- Tougher sidewall rubber compound derived from BFG race proven Baja T/A® KR2 tire*
- Thicker extended shoulder rubber*
- Advanced deflection design* Compared to current BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A® KO
- Exceptional Treadlife
- Specially formulated tread rubber
- Interlocking tread design
- Stone ejectors
- Internal Toughness
- Two strong steel belts with one full-with nylon cap ply
- Durable bead construction
- Improved Traction
- Side-biter lugs and mud-phobic bars
- 3D sipes
- 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake rating
The All-Terrain T/A KO2 is intended for 4×4 drivers who split their time on- and off-road. BFGoodrich suggests that it’s the right tire for trucks and SUVs that travel off-road up to 50% of the time.
The takeaway: In consistently challenging, mixed-use conditions where Truck/SUV all-season tires are unlikely to endure and hold up, the KO2 thrives.
As compared to the outgoing All-Terrain KO (no slouch in its own right), the KO2 offers measurable traction and durability improvements. According to BFGoodrich, the KO2 is:
+ 10% improved in mud traction.
+ 19% improved in snow traction.
+ 20% in sidewall strength.
- Aggressive and attack tread design is a common feature of BFGoodrich all-terrain tires. It is optimized for special conditions such as going through heavy mud, sand, or exploring the rocky landscapes and adds aesthetics to your 4WD
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A has the ShoulderLock technology (shoulder grooves are 40% wider), two steel belts, dual compound tread, TriGuard construction with a 3-ply polyester carcass
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 delivers serious off-road capability by integrating various mud-terrain tire design features, including:
- Sidewall lugs and tread – In challenging off-road conditions, the KO2’s serrated shoulder lugs work to keep forward momentum by “laterally” grabbing onto the terrain. (The traction effect of these sidewall tread features is enhanced when the KO2 is aired down for maximum off-road traction.)
- “Split and bruise resistant” sidewall rubber – BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2’s extremely durable sidewall rubber is borrowed right from the Baja T/A KR2, a full-fledged desert racing tire.
- Stone and mud ejection tread technology – To maintain functional biting edges and guard against the tread channels being filled, mud and stone ejectors are embedded within the KO2’s tread voids to eject debris that would otherwise lodge itself between the tread blocks. BFGoodrich calls these raised tread elements “Mud-Phobic bars.”
- Deep tread depth – To create the biting edges and aggressive tread patterns that are capable of delivering traction in extreme conditions, deepened tread depth is a must.
Find 15/32″ of tread depth on most KO2 sizes.
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Specs
- BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 – 56 part numbers – 30×9.50R15/C to LT325/65R18/E up to 128 load index and Q, S, К or T speed rating
- BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 – 1 part number – LT255/75R17/C, Q speed rating, 111 load index
- BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 – 46 part numbers – 30×9.50R15/C to LT365/75R16/C – P and Q speed rating and 114-127 load index
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Surveys
There were many tests for BFGoodrich all-terrain tires as well as many competitions where these tires had the ability to show their performance in the best way. One important factor is that you have to choose the right tire that will suit your needs best, since each tire in this category has its own strongest points.
For example, Krawler shows its best on rocky surface, Baja – in speedy and extreme racing conditions, Mud-Terrain models specialize in deep mud and sand while All-Terrain is the most versatile of the whole product line.
BFGoodrich All-Terrain is also the best in terms of fuel efficiency, though in general off-road tires are not economical. It also has the best performance in terms of braking, comfort, and wear life. Average characteristics are as follows:
- Dry – 4.8
- Wet – 4.8
- Snow – 3.5
- Handling – 4.0
- Comfort – 3.8
- Noise – 3.6
- Treadwear – 3.2
Concerning this type of tire, the most important parameters are the off-road abilities and durability, which make it reliable in the most extreme circumstances while conquering the wilderness. And here BFGoodrich tires do not have serious competition being the undoubted No 1 of the off-road class.
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Pros and Cons
- Excellent traction on hardpacked surfaces, such as dirt and gravel
- Very good traction in mud, especially for an all-terrain tire
- Usable for rock crawling
- Extremely tough and durable construction with cut- and -chip resistant casing
- A long 50,000-mile treadwear warranty (for an all-terrain tire)
- Good drivability on the street in dry conditions
- Stable on the highway
- Very safe to drive on wet surfaces
- Excellent traction on snowy surfaces
- Noise is an issue at higher speeds
- Doesn’t work on ice
What Vehicles Will The BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Fit?
(This is not a complete list of ALL vehicles this tire will fit)
- Chevrolet Silverado, Tahoe, Avalanche, S10, Suburban, K2500, Colorado, Blazer
- Dodge Ram, Durango, Dakota
- Ford Expedition, Escape, Ranger, Bronco, F-150, Excursion, Explorer
- GMC Yukon, Sierra, Canyon
- Honda Element, CR-V
- Hummer H3, H2
- Isuzu Trooper
- Jeep Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Liberty
- Land Rover Discovery
- Lexus GX470
- Mazda B4000
- Mercury Mountaineer
- Mitsubishi Montero
- Nissan Titan, Xterra, Frontier
- Toyota Tacoma, Tundra, FJ Cruiser, Sequoia, 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Highlander
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Tire Sizes
LT215/75R15/C 100S BSW
LT235/75R15/C 104S RWL
30×9.50R15/C 104S RWL
31×10.50R15/C 109S RWL
33×10.50R15/C 114R RWL
32×11.50R15/C 113R RWL
33×12.50R15/C 108R RWL
35×12.50R15/C 113Q RWL
LT215/65R16/D 103S BSW
LT235/70R16/C 104S RWL
LT245/70R16/D 113S RWL
LT255/70R16/E 120S RWL
LT265/70R16/E 121S RWL
LT275/70R16/D 119S RWL
LT305/70R16/E 124R RWL
LT225/75R16/E 115S RWL
LT245/75R16/E 120S RWL
LT265/75R16/E 123R RWL
LT285/75R16/E 126R RWL
LT295/75R16/E 128R RWL
LT315/75R16/E 127R RWL
LT235/85R16/E 120S RWL
LT225/65R17/D 107S BSW
LT245/65R17/D 111S RWL
LT265/65R17/E 120S RWL
LT275/65R17/E 121S RWL
LT305/65R17/E 121R RWL
LT245/70R17/E 119S RWL
LT255/70R17/E 121S BSW
LT265/70R17/C 112S BSW
LT265/70R17/C 112S RWL
LT265/70R17/E 121S RWL
LT275/70R17/E 121R RWL
LT285/70R17/E 121R RWL
LT315/70R17/E 121S BSW
LT245/75R17/E 121S RWL
LT235/80R17/E 120S BSW
34×10.50R17/D 120R RWL
35×12.50R17/E 121R RWL
37×12.50R17/D 124R RWL
LT255/55R18/D 109R BSW
LT265/60R18/E 119S BSW
LT285/60R18/D 118S RWL
LT265/65R18/E 122R RWL
LT275/65R18/E 123R RWL
LT285/65R18/E 125R RWL
LT305/65R18/E 124R RWL
LT325/65R18/E 127R RWL
LT255/70R18/D 117S BSW
LT265/70R18/E 124R RWL
LT275/70R18/E 125R RWL
34×12.50R18/E 121R BSW
35×12.50R18/E 123R RWL
LT275/55R20/D 115S BSW
LT285/55R20/D 117T BSW
LT305/55R20/E 121S BSW
LT275/60R20/D 119S BSW
LT325/60R20/E 126S BSW
LT275/65R20/E 126S BSW
LT285/65R20/E 127S BSW
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Increased Mileage and Treadlife Warranty
To assess the KO2’s treadlife and mileage potential, BFGoodrich commissioned both internal and external (third-party) testing.
As compared to the original KO, the KO2 doubles up on its gravel endurance/mileage potential. Asphalt wear is also much improved with a 15% gain.
Select specification All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires are offered with a 50,000 .
BFGoodrich all-terrain T/A KO2 tires carry a Standard Warranty that lasts 6 years or for the life of the original usable tread whichever occurs first. Within these terms, the tire that has defects in materials and workmanship will be replaced at no fee.
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Dealers
Same as for all BFGoodrich Tires, the official dealers can be found on the Dealer Locator page at bfgoodrichtires.com. Just type your zip code or city and you will get the list of the closest dealer to your home.
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Price
BFGoodrich All-Terrain TA KO2 prices range from approximately $157 and up. You may also find occasional rebates, discount prices, coupons, and special offers on this tire.
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 Coupons & Discounts
Here are some websites where you can find the most beneficial deals and discounts for BFGoodrich tires:
The discounts you get vary from $5 to $55 off or some percentage discounts from 5 to 15%. For certain sum purchases (sometimes as low as $25) you can get free shipping.
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 for Sale
The list of dealers for BFGoodrich all-terrain TA KO2 tires is very long, so finding the one close to you is not a problem. Before making your purchase, make sure that you have chosen the right tire size and the load index is sufficient for your applications, especially when you have a heavy-duty pickup with off-road requirements.
If you need advice, it’s better to consult with the experienced assistants at BFGoodrich service centers. After that, you can search for the required model at Amazon where one can find the widest selection of online sellers.
The BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 is BFGoodrich’s toughest & best all-terrain tire to date. It’s an undoubted class leader, and arguably the modern all-terrain standard.
Thinking the All-Terrain T/A KO2 is the right fit for your 4×4, or want to discuss all-terrain tire options? Comment below.