Firestone Destination LE is an all season tire for SUVs and light trucks. It’s oriented on customers who are searching for tires that deliver good handling and traction on any road surface and weather. Engineered to give you an enjoyable quiet ride like on passenger cars, this tire is a perfect choice for those who take long journeys.
When you compare this tire with Destination A/T, you will notice a slight lack of off-road performance, but, on the other hand, this tire has better handling and comfort on normal roads.
Firestone Destination LE features UNI-T technology that gives a long list of benefits, such as precise handling, long lasting wear, fuel efficiency and a smooth comfortable driving with less noise and vibration.
In fact, UNI-T is a combination of three technologies:
- O-Bead – optimization of the tire roundness for balanced dry & wet handling, reinforced bead for less rolling resistance
- CO CS – efficient shape for improved performance
- LL Carbon – specially formulated carbon compound that gives longer tread life, improved wet traction and cutting resistance, which is very useful for off-road experience
- 5- Degree noise reduction technology adjusts the sound waves such as they cancel each other and make substantially less noise
The sizes range from 225/70 R14 to 265/70 R18. The speed ratings are T and S while the load index varies from 98 to 112.
The prices for Firestone Destination LE start from $96 and go to $220 for the biggest sizes. In general, common sizes are from $130 to $160.
Most of the reviews for Firestone Destination LE are positive, but sometimes you can see totally poor marks, which can be referred to as exceptions. The most remarkable characteristic is a long tread life and the least mark is for snow performance, but we should remember that this is not a winter tire, and it is only suitable for regions with mild winters.
The other characteristics are quite high, Firestone is equally good on dry and wet surface and ensures precise handling on roads. If you try to use is off road, better avoid too deep mud and sand, since the tire doesn’t have very deep grooves to clean itself in such conditions.
- Dry – 4.2
- Wet – 3.9
- Snow – 2.5
- Handling – 3.9
- Comfort – 3.6
- Noise – 3.3
- Treadwear – 4.5
Firestone Destination LE has two warranties:
- Gold Pledge Limited Warranty – 60 000 mile
- Buy & Try 30 Day Guarantee – if you are not satisfied with the tire, you can return it within 30 days, but only in case it doesn’t have signs of collision. This guarantee is offered when you buy 4 tires or more.
There is a branched network of Firestone Complete Auto Care centers, but if there isn’t any near you, check out the dealer locator at firestonetire.com to find the list of all certified dealers.
Coupons & Discounts
If you look at the trusted sellers at nexttag.com you can find offers with free shipping and very low prices. Lots of great offers are also available at a dedicated website firestonecompleteautocare.com.